Our student internship program provides hands-on training with supervision to students from more than 15 area colleges and universities studying Social Work, Sociology, Nursing, and, on occasion, Pastoral Studies – all within the Center environment. Students from CCCDC’s internship program go on to serve on CCCDC’s staff and the staffs of many Bergen County service providers.
What is an internship like?
- Team-oriented, interns work in pairs or groups to complete tasks
- Direct interaction with clients/guests
- A very friendly and collaborative environment among interns and the rest of the team, supervisors are on-call if in need
- Autonomy is encouraged amongst interns – interns solve problems and adjust processes to maximize service to guests and benefit to the team as a whole.
- Regular intern tasks include screening guests, delivering disposition and review responses, and making follow up phone calls. Other tasks include helping guests apply for identification or fill out housing forms, responding to guest voicemails, and making other outreach phone calls.